About our services
What to expect when you visit
Sunday worship at Jerusalem Presbyterian Church is an informal yet inspirational celebration of God’s love that takes place in our beautiful, welcoming church sanctuary. A typical service includes the following:
- Musical prelude
- Welcome and announcements
- Call to worship, often led by lay church member
- Prayer of confession, often led by lay church member
- Words of assurance and promise
- Sharing the peace of Christ
- Scripture lessons
- Sermon by our pastor
- Sharing joys, concerns and prayer requests
A nursery for babies and toddlers is available, or young children can stay in church if you prefer.
Communion, or the Lord’s Supper, is celebrated on the first Sunday each month. All are welcome to partake, regardless of beliefs or church membership. Church elders pass cubes of bread, representing the body of Christ, and cups of juice, representing the blood of Christ.
After the service, worshipers are invited to stay for coffee and refreshments in the back of the sanctuary. It’s a great opportunity to meet and greet members of the congregation.